We can agree…
- Most misunderstand inflation to be a rise in prices. This is wrong. Inflation is a rise in the amount of dollars it takes to buy the same items. As the value of the dollar drops so does its purchasing power.
- A devalued dollar means the cost of goods don’t increase. The amount of dollars required for those cost of goods increase.
- Appreciation is different than inflation because supply and demand is a more influencing variable.
- Quantitative Easing (printing more paper dollars, currency) is a diabolical way to increase the perceived comfort of Americans because in the long run it costs everyone.
- Average wages of Americans can only be calculated if the depreciation of the dollar is a variable. One might make the same amount of money, even more, but the buying power is much less. Inflation.
- … Add to this platform with YOUR opinion below…